Digital Media – QQI Level 4
Young Irish Film Makers are proud to announce the launch of a new Local Training Initiative in Digital Media right here at YIFM. This is in conjunction with Carlow and Kilkenny Education and Training Board (ETB) and it is the second iteration of this course. Our first course started in January 2016 and finished up in September.
The course started in October and there is still some limited availability. If you are interested, or if you know someone who might be, get in touch by calling Helen on 056-7764677 or emailing her at email@example.com.
Here are some details on the course:
- It’s accredited at QQI Level 4 (a Leaving certificate is between Levels 4 and 5)
- It’s a full time course (9-4) Monday to Thursday, 9-1 on Friday)
- If you are in receipt of a payment from Social Welfare you can keep that payment while on the course.
- In some cases your payment may be increased (if you are under 26 and on a reduced payment it may be increased)
- The course is for individuals aged over 16 and has a recommended upper age limit of 35. We do accept applicants who are over this age but for whom the course (at QQI Level 4) is a good fit.
- It is a 40 week course, ending in July 2017
- Modules include Communications, Digital Media Technology, Web Design, Graphic Design, Information Technology Skills, and Work Experience
Our approach is to achieve the QQI modules whilst utilising digital media technologies as much as possible. We touch upon podcasting, multi camera television projects, web design and, of course, film making.
Sound interesting? Get in touch!